Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Shea Seats have Arrived!

My seats arrived on New Years Eve and I was very surprised to see this enormous box on my porch.  After asking my wife what she bought, I decided to crack open the box and FORGOT that my seats were due any day.  After the butt kicking I got from her for accusing her of buying something, I decided to lug in the ninety-five pound box with still no clue of what was inside.

The combination of the holiday craziness with the loss of the Jets game put my mind in another world until I put my eyes on those freshly painted brackets holding up the nasty dirty grungy seats.  I was in heaven!

My wife could not understand my giddiness and I told her to imagine she was looking at a new diamond ring.  So now, the seats are sitting in my formal living room waiting to be mounted in my basement.  Did I forget to mention that I have not started work on the "sports den", so they probably will be going back into the box for storage.  Plan B is to convince my wife to have them mounted next to my bed but I'm not holding my breath.

I love my new original Shea Stadium, New York Mets seats!  I have a lot of memories at Shea Stadium and I know these seats will be a nice conversationalist piece.  Most importantly, it will be the way I watch Mets games in front of a big screen TV (I need to get this as well). 

 Let's go Mets!

To see the full set of pictures, visit my Flickr Account.



4 comments:

alan said...

Are you going to clean them? I think I'll have to if mine are that dirty when they show up.

e Man said...

Yes, I'm going to wash them. With the exception of seat 10, they are just dusty. I wanted to take pictures of them first. If I'm going to be sitting on these, I need them clean! What color did you get?

alan said...

Blue for me. (Already told you that, it's @metsfan on twitter). Can't wait to get them.

e Man said...

Gotcha. You are going to love them!