Thursday, February 26, 2009

@e_man 's Interview with "The Weekender"

I recently was interviewed by "The Weekender", NEPA's number 1 Arts Entertainment Weekly magazine.  The cover story is about Twitter, entitled, "What's all the Twittering About?".  To read it in its entirety, click over to "The Weekender".

  
I was contacted by the reporter via Twitter and was asked if I was interested.  Any time I get to bloviate, I'm game!  I'm cool with how I was quoted, but they got my name misspelled.  It's usually the last name they butcher, but it's all good.

Here are some of my personal quotes:

Twitter is a different animal because it’s a micro-blogging tool, and because it forces you to post 140 characters at a time; it’s nothing like any of the other sites,” said frequent “tweeter” Erik Manassy (e_man), 35, of Hawley.
I think of Facebook as people I personally know, and Twitter as people I have never met but are getting to know,” Manassy said. “I have pockets of people I interact with depending on the topic. If I talk Jets, the same 10 or so converse with me. Once I go tech, another pocket talk, and if I talk about local events, again, a pocket of local peeps interact. It is really cool!
What do people tweet?

While a good chunk of Tweeple, especially newbies, tweet about where they are and what they are doing, Twitter-ers post links to interesting articles, pictures, motivational quotes and even breaking news. Manassy likes to post about the Jets, and since he works in IT for a health company, he uses Twitter to ask questions about software he’s evaluating.
Again, to read the full article, click on over to "The Weekender".

No comments: