Tuesday, April 07, 2009

TJB20: My Opinion on Jay Cutler

3) Given what the cost was for Jay Cutler (two first rounders and a third along with Kyle Orton in return for Jay Cutler and a fifth rounder) do you make a similar trade if you are the Jets?

Absolutely NOT! I thought that two first rounders were a lot, but to give up the 1st this year, the 1st 2010, Kellen Clemens and a third is a lot for a kid who is proven and young BUT also known as a problem child. The kid is immature, needs a lot of growing up to do and I hear that once a player goes down as having a reputation as “ME and only me”, it rubs the team the wrong way… Players don’t want to be in the trenches with someone like that. Mel Kiper warned us about this problem during the year he was drafted. He NAILED it and the Bears organization has their work cut out for them. Give me leadership and a weak arm (Chad, whom we should have never waived) over a gun and attitude any day (Cutler)!

No comments: