Friday, May 08, 2009

Maximum Impact: Liz Murray

Liz Murray was the first speaker after the lunch break to speak about her rise from being homeless to going to Harvard graduating this June with honors. I have to admit that I wasn't ready for her very moving emotional tale of her childhood and the struggles with her drug addicted parents.

Here is a young woman pouring her heart out to 50,000 people explaining how she got through the struggles in her life and it put many things into perspective, but left me with one phrase:



Cherish Life!

Simple, buy powerful. Most of the things we worry about on a daily basis never compare to the pain Liz endured at an early age.

This was the best session of the day and the conference is still under way. The one thing I'm going to do is be greatful for what I have in my life and know that many people have it worse. Thanks Liz for putting things into perspective!

God bless!

UPDATE on 5/8/2009 - 5:46pm: